Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Free Books for Your Child (Up to Age 5)

I've mentioned this a while ago on on my family blog, but it's definitely worth mentioning again.  Your child (or grandchild, niece, nephew, etc.) can get a free book in the mail every month until he/she turns five (regardless of income and no strings attached).

Dolly Parton's Imagination Library works with organizations in your community to provide these books.  Their purpose is to foster a love of reading early.  Like Dolly Parton, I grew up loving books and was in love with this campaign when it was first shared with me by a fellow mom.  I signed my daughter up and she's been receiving a book every month since she was a baby.

The books have been great:  classics like The Little Engine That Could, fun books like Big Sister, Little Sister and Roar of a Snore, and award-winning books like A House is a House for Me.  My daughter has loved every single book she's gotten, and, as her mom, I've loved seeing that.

Go here to learn more!

Image:  highcountrypress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment